MAKING A DIFFERENCE
A big thank you to all of our supporters - donators, fund raisers, individuals and businesses - for giving your time and energy to support our charity. Thank you also to all our volunteers and event organisers. We are extremely grateful to you all, your support makes a real difference to children, young people and families from Gwynedd and Anglesey who suffer from cancer.
Many businesses have supported us over the last two years; a special thank you to Dafydd Hardy Estate Agents, Travis Perkins and O J Jones & Sons for all your support.
Summer / Autumn 2017 fundraising
- £3000 was raised for Gafael Llaw by the Llandefan race over the summer.
- Out annual moonlight walk was held in September raising £2000. A special thanks to wenda Williams from Eglwys Bach who collected £400 through sponsorship.
- A big thanks to Tim and the gang at Always Aim High for your continued support. Tim arranged an concert at Llandudno raising £450 for Gafael Llaw.
- The girls at Santander Caernarfon have been busy raising money for Gafael Llaw. A cheque of £2300 was presented to Gafael Llaw over the summer.
- Thank you to Trevor from Plas Garnedd for arranging a golf day at Henllys - £2000 was raised.
- £1500 was donated to Gafael Llaw in memory of Gwyneth Pritchard, Porthmadog. Thank you to the family for your kind donation.
Spring 2017 donations
- £500 from Bethan Thomas and her family from Waunfawr in memory of her mother Mrs Martha Parry (Muriau Park)
Autumn 2015 donations
- £100 Ysgol Feithrin Llanwnda
- £212 Côr Meibion Caernarfon
- £00 Clwb Merched Caeathro
- £300 Liverpool Welsh Society
- £200 gan Gapel y Drindod Pwllheli
Thank you all for your support
Supporting Alder Hey
One of the charities we support it Alder Hey hospital in Liverpool, where a number of children from Gwynedd and Anglesey receive cancer treatment.
A donation of £20,000 was made to the oncology unit last year to fund two rooms at the new hospital. Gafael Llaw’s name can be seen on the door of these rooms.
We have also recently donated a selection of Welsh books for the reading corner at the Oncology and Haemotology Unit, so that children from Wales can enjoy reading Welsh books during their time at the hospital.
Gafael Llaw arrange and support fun days out for children with cancer and their families.
In the past they have visited the zoo, pantomime, Greennwood Forest Park and a boat ride along the Menai straits.
Ward Dewi improvements
A significant amount of Gafael Llaw money is being spent on improvements at Ward Dewi (the children’s’ ward) at Ysbyty Gwynedd.
£20,000 was invested in a new playground, which has been completely transformed to provide a colourful, attractive and exciting playing area for the children.
The money has also been spent on making visual improvements to the ward. Gary Drew, a local artist was commissioned to decorate on of the oncology cubicles on the ward, and he will be doing much more of the same over the next few months.
25 children from the ward and their families recently went on a Gafael Llaw trip to Colwyn Bay zoo. They all had a lovely day in the sun.
Ward Dewi Sister, Eleri Fôn said:
“The sun came out all afternoon, and we had such a nice trip. Thank you so much for all that you do to raise money for the ward.”— Ward Dewi Sister, Eleri Fôn
Ward Dewi painting 2017
Your money has been used to transform the corridor walls at Ward Dewi, Ysbyty Gwynedd. The talented artist Gary Drew was commissioned to paint the fantastic murals, as a result the look and feel of the ward is much approved with the children loving the new images!
A huge thank you to Gafael Llaw for funding our newly painted corridor walls on Dewi Ward. Thanks to Gary Drew Mural Artist for the amazing artwork.— Carian Roberts from the Children’s Ward at Ysbyty Gwynedd